Tuesday, May 18, 2010

William's Mother's Day Gift

I know it’s late to even bring this up, but I thought I would share what William got his mother for a Mother’s Day gift. And I should point out that William gets full reign in picking out the gifts for Jaime (unless it was something I couldn’t afford, of course).

The day we went to pick out her gift my Mom was in town, so after picking William up at this Mom’s we grabbed my Mom (Gramma) and headed to East Side Mario’s for supper… since it’s William’s favorite place to eat and it’s in the mall. Kind of a kill two birds one stone situation, although I don’t condone killing birds and if you have to kill a bird for some reason I don’t think stones is humane.

Anyway, while we were at dinner I tried to get William’s creative mind going on a gift. We had pretty much settled on going to a department store and looking for a board game. I know part of it was that William notices board games on tv and wants them for himself, but it’s his choice and Jaime would appreciate it either way.

We finished up our supper and went to Zellars. We walked thru the games section and nothing was catching his attention. He took the time to look high and low and got me to turn around multiple boxes so that he could look at the back and see how much fun could be had, but still nothing.

We then walked along the ends of all the rows in the toy section; cause really any excuse for William to spend an hour in a toy section is enough for him. When we got to the pink “Barbie” isle he commented on it being for girls and I asked if he wanted to check that out. Nope. But in the next isle he found some craft type toys and he wanted to further investigate.

And then he saw it… a blue Easy-Bake Oven. He looked at me and said “Daddio, MomMom would like that… she could bake me cookies” and that was it. He had made up his mind. And really, what Mom wouldn’t want an Easy-Bake Oven so they could spend some quality time with their son and make some lasting memories.

1 comment:

Kari Anne said...

That is a very sweet and thoughtful son you are raising! I'm sure his mom loved the gift!