Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dream Weaver

I am one of those people who can remember their dreams when I wake up, and if I take the time to think about the dream the thoughts will stay with me most of the day. Lately I have had dreams about friends that I haven’t seen or heard from in a while and it got me thinking about how interconnected we all really are.


I have wondered throughout the years about thought-transference and whether it is really possible and happening and no one ever discusses their dreams or thoughts enough to validate whether it’s a common occurrence. Part of me cringes at the thought that someone else may be on the receiving end of my thoughts and could know my feelings, and then part of me kind of likes the thought that they may be sharing the information.

In one of the recent dreams, I ran into a former female co-worker, who I think is easily one of the kindest people I have ever met. I have searched for her on facebook but have had no luck. She had even lived in my neighborhood when I was married, but moved shortly before us, to a new home. The dream was refereshing. I hadn’t thought about her in a long time, so it was very random that she popped into my dream… or was it?

Maybe we were both having that dream. Maybe it was a common thought about not seeing each other in a while, and the conversation we were having was actually us catching up on each other’s lives. Who knows?

No comments: