Thursday, January 28, 2010

If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck...

The statement I put into my header today is a thought I try never to allow to enter my consciousness.  There are people around me that think that way, and in fact it was something my father had paraphrased throughout the years.

I agree that coincidence can make it seem that people have good or bad luck, or that things can happen in threes, but I refuse to believe that anyone has bad luck.  I don't want to believe it.  I think if you look for the negative enough, you are surely going to find it, so why look?

I am a pretty positive person.  Sure I have down times and have hit rock bottom, but I think I tend to see the glass as half full.  I think if you live negatively long enough it can and will also affect (I never learned the affect/effect difference, so if it's wrong I apologize... and bring grammer lessons back to grade school) your health and manifest into things like cancer.  And I am not saying that everyone who has cancer has it because of negativity, I'm just saying that if you live negatively enough, your health will take a turn for the worse.

Anyway... just a random thought that crossed my mind, because my 2009 ended on a sad note, and then a missed phone call has brought some worry of a family member's health but I refuse to be that person that says... well things happen in threes so it's got to be bad... or when will it end, 2010 sucks... because I believe 2010 is actually a great year ahead of me.  I have picked myself up over the few months and I feel like I'm pretty much at full strength.  Rebuilding is going to make me better than ever; a Jeff 2.0 if you will.

Positive thoughts folks... positive thoughts.

No comments: