Saturday, April 17, 2010

Brings out the worst?

Here is my random thought for today... and all because I am watching the Real Housewives of Orange County (yes, I'm a reality show junkie... and wha???)

There are those people who supposedly bring out the worst in people.  There is certain situations, when we are hanging out with certain people, where our actions might be different than our norm.  Perhaps, we drink more, are more outspoken, or like on the television series maybe we don't put up with as much from someone else in some sense.

My thought is that maybe those people don't bring out the worst in us, but maybe they empower us in some way.  Maybe instead of allowing ourselves to be walked over, we see the trait in that other person and realize that it's okay to stand up for ourselves and emmulate it.

Reality tv... it makes you think (and I'm not even drinking).

No comments: