Saturday, April 17, 2010

Newly (Re)united

Further to my random email post...
There has been some back and forth between the former friend and I, discussing our seperations.  Our situations are different, because of the involvement we had as fathers and he has a distance issue, which keeps him from even being able to have the access I have.  But we become united as a support for each other. 

It's strange to think, based on our past friendship, but he needs me.  He has a best friend that has let him down by not offering much support.  It's surprising to me, but seeing as his wife is best friends with the ex, I guess there was probably a conversation on the subject, and he is staying more in line with his wife, from what was suggested.

I offered him my support and some of the knowledge I have gained over the last couple of years.  I don't think he realizes what he is in for, but I gave him some insight that will hopefully not leave him unprepared for when things play out.  I'm not fooling myself into believing that we'll talk all that often, and honestly it is not something I want.  But I was very alone and know what it feels like to be on the path.  I will touch base and check up on him.  And if I can help him stay focused as a Dad then it's a bonus.

No comments: